Leaving a comment down a thread of a random post is okay, but leaving an irrelevant reaction or response is never okay.
When a post solicits answers, inquiries, or objectionable stuff down below their posted photo or video, anyone might have the freedom to be sarcastic, nasty, or annoying.
The good news is, you can immediately delete any comments that are inappropriate for your post.
However, you can only delete your own comment when it comes to other people’s posts, and the most you can do is report it, if you think it’s offensive.
Say, currently, you want to delete a comment on your Instagram post but aren’t sure how. In this quick tutorial, you’ll learn how to manage your Instagram profile and erase comments from your posts.
An undesirable comment on the internet can hurt like nothing else.
Here’s how to get rid of them, and this is a workaround you can do in case you do not want a comment to stay. In short, this will help you remove and trash someone else’s comment left on your post.
You can also check likes on Instagram easily with an app, too.
Delete Comments on Instagram from an iPhone
Since varied devices were built in with varied features, performing one activity in one gadget may not apply to all devices.
Now, you might wonder why you cannot delete a comment on Instagram, following the steps from an online source. Maybe, it’s because you are using a device with different built-in features. In this case, the following steps will help you get rid of comments left down the trail of a photo or a video you posted on the platform.
Specifically, if you are using a mobile Apple product or iPhone for a device, this is how you can go about it.
- Go to your Instagram Profile. This must have been pre-installed in your phone since you will likely be unable to post something out of nothing. You need a device.
- Scan through your News Feed and look for that specific post which you think you need cleansing. This is if you have some more other posts on top of the one you have been wanting to delete a few things from.
- Down your post, follow the thread where comments are supposed to be. Find the message bubble icon and click on that.
- It will then show you the comments left down your post, all in a timely order, when it was left by the commenters. If you cannot find the comment you want to delete immediately, click on more comments until you see what you’re looking for.
- Once located, tap on the comment and swipe left. You actually have the option to tap more than one comment. The comment will be highlighted in blue.
- After swiping a new page will appear, with an option to pin, see more information, and trash can icons, respectively. Tap the last icon and wait for a quick notification about what you just did, deleting a comment.
Delete Comments on Instagram from an Android
The most flexible device of them all is an Android. Although security is not that rigid in Android units, compared to that of an iPhone, Instagram users with this type of device are so huge, all over the world.
Claims have it that these types of devices are much easier to use and maneuver, set, and toggle around. The non-exclusivity of the operating system is giving way to easier file transfers and sharing with all the other Android users.
For this specific issue, here is how you can delete a comment on Instagram, using a non-iPhone device.
- Log in to your Instagram account. Chances are, when you are always online, this app must have been left open on your device. Simply tap on the app and move forward to your own profile.
- Look for the comment section, which is normally down below the post you are trying to filter comments with. Read through and find that specific comment or comments you want deleted.
- See the dots in series of three at the uppermost right side of your screen, next to the Comments label. Click on those dots. A little page will pop up below the screen showing Manage Comments and Comment Controls options with an arrow pointing to the right.
- Tap on Manage Comments and start ticking the comments you want removed. You can select as many as 25 comments. Tick every comment you want to get rid of. You can tell that a comment is selected when the tick button directly at the right of each comment gets filled in with a blue highlight with a check mark. Tick off some which you might accidentally have ticked, anyway.
- Tap “Delete Comments” once you’re done ticking and the task is over. Comment is now off your thread.
Delete Comments on Instagram from a Web Browser
You might be doing your social media activities with a laptop or a desktop.
Now, regardless of the device you’re on, when you want to delete a comment, you can also do it around here. This requires fewer steps compared to when you do it over a mobile phone. To walk you through, here is a quick guide you can try.
- Go to www.instagram.com and login to your account. Wait for your personal profile to show and get started.
- Find the post which comments need deleting and click on it.
- Hover your cursor over the comment and wait for the three dots to show at the right corner and tap on it.
- Report, Delete, and Cancel options will then show up. Click on the second option and you will successfully delete the comment that you no longer want to see hanging down the thread of your Instagram post.
You keep your mental health in a perfect state and to do that, you decide which type of comment you only see on your social media.
If it does not suit your taste, go remove it. If you can’t handle it, you have the freedom to delete it. Once again, your News Feed, your call.