Home Casinos

The Hidden Gems of Las Vegas: How To Make Your Trip Incredible

Las Vegas is one heck of a city. Love it or loathe it, there’s nowhere quite like it. Everyone has an opinion on it, and everyone thinks they know what Sin City is all about. But do they?

Speak to anyone about Vegas and the overwhelming word or phrase that comes out of their mouths will be associated with gambling. Which is true. It is the gambling capital of the world. There are a staggeringly huge number of casinos, millions of square feet of casino floor space, and slot machines, table games and many other games galore. In fact, the city has even now taken the world of online casino by storm, becoming one of the first states in the country to allow online gaming.

So, not only are people taking to the tables, they’re able to play the latest 777 online casino games from their rooms too.

It’s fair to say that 90%, and we’re perhaps being conservative here, do visit Las Vegas for its gambling. And it might be fair to say the other 10% for its partying. However, the city has tons of hidden gems you shouldn’t be missing out on either. And luckily for you, we’ve brought three of our favourites directly to you…

Seven Magic Mountains

Originally meant to be a temporary installation, the Seven Magic Mountains is one of the city’s most iconic art installations and has continually seen its run extended thanks to that popularity.

Designed by Ugo Rondinone, a Swiss artist, it consists of seven, 30-foot stacked boulders all painted in fluorescent colours. You can’t miss it, and is certainly a popular trip out for those who just have to get the most “grammable” images. Said to reflect the natural and artificial, a statement perfect for the city in the middle of the desert, it’s one of Vegas’ best new attractions and always worth the trip out to.

The Berlin Wall

Yes, it’s been knocked down. And yes, it was in Berlin. But did you know Vegas has its own section of the Berlin Wall?

Located at Main Street Station Casino, known as the “Jewel” of Downtown Vegas, the casino itself is often regarded as one of the city’s best kept secrets, the wall actually makes up the walls of the men’s toilets, meaning it’s quite likely you may cause a splash on it.

The remnants of the wall, which fell in 1989, is very much considered a hidden gem of the city. It isn’t exactly known as to how and why it ended up there, but if you want to go for a pee in style, this is the place to do it.

The hotel casino itself is well worth a visit, and has an excellent brewpub to get you in the mood for needing a wee if you so wish. Don’t worry though ladies, you can see it too, just ask a member of staff and they’ll happily escort you.

Springs Preserve

Just west of the Downtown area of Las Vegas is Springs Preserve, a complete getaway from the hustle and bustle of the Fremont Experience or the Las Vegas Strip. It’s a part of the city where Kit Carson and John Fremont, the legendary explorers, would park their horses way back in the 1800s, and you can take a ride through it yourself, albeit on a bicycle these days.

The site itself features a number of museums, stunning botanical gardens, as well as plenty of trails to enjoy all capped off with a visit to the restaurant after working up an appetite.