Are you ready for the snow? If you live in a place where winter brings several inches of snow and ice, like Wheaton, you know that keeping up with your snow removal can be a hassle. This guide provides some facts you need to know before hiring a snow removal service.
1. Are They Experienced?
Whether you are a business owner or homeowner, you need to make sure the snow removal services you hire to shovel your driveway are experienced and reliable. It will ensure they have the necessary knowledge and skill to do an excellent job on your property.
When interviewing snow removal services, ask them how long they have been in business, their qualifications, and whether they can provide references from previous clients. Also, ask if their workers have had any safety training and what snow removal tools they use.
2. Are They Insured?
Before hiring a snow removal service, you should always ensure they are covered by insurance. Although it may seem minor, it can mean the difference between an accident-free winter and an expensive lawsuit.
Look for a company that offers general liability insurance to cover any property damage, bodily injury, or personal injury that could occur while they’re on the job. Companies may even carry additional coverage if they have their fleet of vehicles or plows.
You’ll also want to make sure your chosen snow removal company can provide you with proof of insurance. That way, you can take comfort in knowing that you won’t be responsible for any associated costs if anything goes wrong while they’re working on your property.
3. Are They Certified?
Is the snow removal company you’re considering certified? Of course, you should be – certified snow removal companies are more likely to provide quality services and meet safety standards.
Here are a few things to look out for when it comes to certification:
- Is the company held to a higher standard? Certified companies must adhere to specific standards, such as using approved equipment, providing well-trained and qualified personnel, and ensuring that all work is done in compliance with local regulations.
- Does the company have liability insurance? It’s essential to make sure that any snow removal company you hire has proper liability insurance to protect yourself in case of any accidents or damages caused by their services.
- Has the company been in business for some time? Working with an experienced, established snow removal company can give you peace of mind that the job will be done right. Look for companies that have been around for at least a few years.
Researching these crucial questions is essential because it can save you from headaches if something goes wrong. In addition, taking the time to ensure that your potential snow removal service is certified and experienced will pay off in the long run!
4. Do They Provide The Service You Expect?
Let’s ensure your snow removal service can deliver what they’re promising. Talk to them about the service you want and need, then ask them to explain precisely how they plan to take care of it. Do they have the right equipment? Will they use chemicals when needed? What will they do with the snow after clearing your driveway or sidewalk?
Make Sure Their Services Cover:
- Snow plowing
- Snow shoveling/snow blowing
- Ice removal
- Snow heaving from walkways and steps
- Hauling and disposal of snow
- Salting/sanding services
Hiring a snow removal service is a great way to get the snow on your property cleared quickly and efficiently while allowing you the freedom to do your business. By understanding the basics of snow removal in Wheaton and finding the right snow removal contractor for your needs, you can be sure that your winter season won’t be put on hold by heavy snowfall. In addition, a quality snow removal service will have the resources and experience to handle any amount of snow and ice that comes your way.
The Bottom Line
When winter is approaching, hiring a professional company to provide excellent service for snow removal might be the best way to go.
No matter how much experience you have dealing with winter weather, it’s important to consider some essential facts before hiring any snow removal services.