If you live in New York City, then you know that feeling of constantly being on edge. Whether it’s the subway, walking down a dark street, or even just being in your own home, it’s important to be prepared for anything. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best legal self-defense weapons in NYC so that you can be ready for anything.
1. Pepper spray – This is one of the most popular self-defense weapons and for good reason. It’s easy to carry, relatively inexpensive, and can incapacitate an attacker long enough for you to get away. Just be sure to check the laws in your state regarding pepper spray before you purchase it. In New York, for example, pepper spray must be purchased from a licensed dealer and can only be used for self-defense.
2. Taser – A taser is another great option for self-defense because it can immobilize an attacker from a distance. Unlike pepper spray, however, a taser requires special training to use safely and effectively. Tasers are also more expensive than pepper spray, so they may not be the best option if you’re on a budget.
3. Stun gun – A stun gun is similar to a taser in that it can immobilize an attacker from a distance. The main difference is that stun guns require direct contact with the assailant in order to work. That means you have to be close enough to them to make contact, which could be dangerous. As with tasers, stun guns also require special training to use safely and effectively.
4.Personal alarm – A personal alarm is a great option if you want something that’s non-lethal but will still startle an attacker and draw attention to yourself. All you have to do is activate the alarm and it will emit a loud noise that will hopefully scare off your attacker and attract the attention of people nearby who can help you. Personal alarms are also relatively inexpensive and easy to carry, making them a great option for budget-conscious buyers.
5. Knife – A knife can be a great self-defense weapon if used correctly, but it can also be very dangerous if used incorrectly. If you decide to go with a knife, make sure you get professional training on how to use it properly so that you don’t hurt yourself or someone else by accident. Knives are also regulated by law in many states, so be sure to check the laws in your state before purchasing one.
6. A tactical pen- A tactical pen may look like a regular pen, but it’s actually a versatile self-defense tool. Most tactical pens are made from aircraft-grade aluminum and have a sharp point that can be used to jab an attacker. They also usually have a built-in flashlight so you can see in dark areas, and some even come with DNA collectors so you can collect evidence from your attacker.
There are many different self-defense weapons available on the market today, but not all of them are legal in every state. That’s why it’s important to do your research before purchasing any weapon for self-defense purposes.
In New York City, some of the best legal self-defense weapons include pepper spray, tasers, stun guns, personal alarms, and knives. Each has its own pros and cons, so be sure to choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
Remember: the best weapon is the one you have with you when you need it, so make sure whatever weapon you choose is one that you feel comfortable carrying with you on a daily basis.