The under-eye area is one of the most sensitive facial zones, so it’s the first region affected by aging. It’s thin and fragile, so it should be pampered carefully to ensure one’s appearance is not severely spoiled. One of the best ways to preserve a person’s youthful looks is by using cosmetic injectables, such as facial fillers (Restylane in particular). So, here we are today, talking more about this excellent brand and the way it may help people fulfill their aesthetic goals to rejuvenate skin effectively and safely. Let’s start!
What Is Restylane? More About the Brand
Before talking about Restylane for thin skin in the under-eye zone, let’s say a few words about the brand itself. This dermal filler works with hyaluronic acid of a non-animal origin, perfected with NASHA technology. With its help, it’s possible to provide a noticeable improvement with just one injection session, restore lost volume, and fill in deep lines and creases that may be pretty damaging to one’s youthful appearance.
The recommended age to start using this product is 21 and older, and the decision to incorporate it into a person’s routine must be made together with a medical professional. The formula for the procedure should also be discussed in a clinic in advance to calculate the recommended number of treatments, dosage, target zones, and other essentials for the administration session. Thanks to beneficial ingredients in the composition, Restylane is safe for most people; still, limitations must be discussed in advance to ensure there will be no severe adverse reactions after the appointment.
Restylane Filler for Under Eyes
Under-eye injectables are incredibly popular in the cosmetic beauty sphere, as this area has a delicate and complex anatomy and is among the first regions to start aging. There are a few reasons for this, including thin eyelid skin, sensitive dermis in the under-eye circles’ zone, and active movement of the muscles there (smiling, squinting, frowning causes the movement that encourages creases occurrence, so we look more tired or angry).
Therefore, people often look for a solution to look more well-rested and younger, and Restylane is one of the best solutions for this purpose. Of course, it’s not the only dermal filler suitable for the treatment, but it’s definitely one of the most popular options, so let’s discuss it in more detail. First of all, what aesthetic goals can be fulfilled with its help?
- Dark circles enlightenment and reduction;
- Tear trough area volumizing;
- Mimic wrinkles elimination;
- Excess skin removal;
- And so on.
Secondly, you must remember that safety is the main thing during cosmetic treatments; thus, the procedure may only be conducted by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon with perfect knowledge of the sensitive under-eye zone. On top of that, there are specific rules when it comes to fillers’ administration; for example, only specialists with medical licenses can buy Restylane injections online to use in the clinic, so it’s always better to clear this nuance out before the process begins.
Possible Restylane Uses
As hyaluronic acid filler injections, Restylane can be used for numerous cosmetic purposes and goals (not only under-eye wrinkles). After talking to a specialist about one’s aesthetic needs, the right product’s formulation and dose should be discussed; next, the treatment may begin. Typically, injectable fillers may be recommended for these target regions:
- Periorbital zone (under and above the eyes);
- Perioral region (nasolabial folds, smile lines, marionette lines, lip augmentation, and so on);
- Gentle facial contouring (cheek augmentation, jawline contouring, etc.);
- Overall skin hydration.
Restylane is a long-lasting solution, so people may expect from six to eighteen months of noticeable improvement, and it can be easily supported with the help of regularly-scheduled maintenance treatments. On top of that, other options may be selected to be used in combination with Restylane; this way, the effect lasts longer, even the most problematic areas are perfected, and a patient may enjoy beneficial results for much longer.
More About Side Effects After the Under-Eye Treatment
Side effects after dermal fillers are normal, as the body needs time to get used to the gel and start working together. Even though it may be uncomfortable, the problems typically are not that serious and can be easily taken under control with the help of the right routine, patience, and sometimes a professional’s assistance.
As for the under-eye fillers, they are typically followed by these adverse reactions:
- Redness, swelling, and other local skin irritations;
- Bruising (typically caused by the needle puncture);
- Headache, nausea, and other hypersensitivity signs;
- Increased skin sensitivity in the target region.
If a person reacts properly to the treatment, these must fade away after a few hours, a day maximum. And the best thing is that there is no need to keep in touch with a doctor to control the recovery. However, contact a professional as soon as possible if any severe symptoms are noticed, including filler migration, allergic reactions, trouble breathing, swollen tongue or throat, irregular heartbeat, and other conditions. These must be reported quickly to ensure a person is safe and there is no danger to their well-being.
Aftercare Rules for Your Safety
Even though hyaluronic acid in Restylane’s composition ensures safe treatment without severe complications afterward, following an aftercare routine won’t be too bad either to make the recovery easier in general. Among the most common recommendations, we can highlight the followings:
- Don’t press on the injection zone to avoid filler migration. It includes massages, gua sha practice, as well as sleeping with your face down. Wearing heavy makeup should also be postponed for a few days to prevent accidental filler movement. And, of course, if you have a dentist’s appointment, book it for at least two weeks after the Restylane injection to wait for it to settle properly;
- Always apply SPF before going out. Ultraviolet rays harm the skin, especially the sensitive dermis, after the dermal filler injection. That’s why wearing a hat is vital, not going outside during the hottest hours, and using sunscreen to create a protective “shield.” Don’t forget about the importance of refreshing the cream!
- Stop taking medications with blood-thinning abilities to prevent excessive bruising, swelling, and general irritation. Such products as Ibuprofen, aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil, and other supplements can be harmful to the results, so make sure to stop or find an alternative for the recovery time.
By following these, you’ll shorten your recovery significantly, so discuss presented options with a doctor to find the best working scheme for your needs.
The Bottom Line
Restylane is an excellent dermal filler chosen by numerous specialists all around the world. With its help, various cosmetic goals can be achieved quickly and without unwanted problems. Whether you need to smooth out the skin under the eyes or boost facial contours – this product can do it all. Thanks to hyaluronic acid in the composition, people rarely experience severe side effects; local irritations like redness and swelling are the most common, and they are typically gone within a few hours (or a day) if the proper aftercare routine isn’t ignored. Overall, this option is one of the best methods to erase wrinkles known on the market right now. Consider it, discuss with a doctor, and start your journey to youthful, flawless skin!