The philosopher Hegel argued that history teaches nothing. Historian Klyuchevsky developed his opinion, changing the role of history from teacher to supervisor. The scientist claimed that it did not teach anything but was severely punished for not knowing the history lesson.
History sometimes teaches nothing not because of one’s own mistakes but because of one’s unwillingness to acknowledge the influence of the past on the present and the future. Society considers itself omnipotent because it has conquered many inevitable elements. However, only history stands above him so high that he can still be punished for unlearned lessons. We need to learn history to avoid mistakes.
If you study your history, what should be invested in this concept?
“Property” can be of different scales. Yes, the biography of one person is his story. But the individual is not isolated from other beings, so it makes sense to talk about the history of society. However, this concept is so broad that it can be broken down on a territorial basis. For example, they talk about the history of the city, district, region, and state. However, even now, we have not reached the end. Countries are not isolated either, so there is world history.
Every component, every level of history is essential. This one another reason why learning literary analysis is necessary. Man’s history is primarily of interest to him. An ordinary person becomes a person, finding his roots and life purpose. We must also mention biographers who study the formation of celebrities and their social contribution. The history of the small homeland is the realm of local historians. Their task is to explore the vicissitudes of the region, district, or town from its inception to the present. Historians are interested in the fate of the whole country.
Ways of studying history
Basic methods Before understanding the question of why to study history, you should consider the set of methods, use the fascinating science:
- Chronological – the study of science by periods and data. For example, when studying a new history, it is crucial to understand the chronology of the Great Geographical Discoveries.
- Synchronous – an attempt to identify the relationship between processes and phenomena.
- Historical-genetic – analysis of a historical event, determining its causes, significance, and connection with other events. For example, the Boston Tea Party and the First Continental Congress sparked the American Revolutionary War.
- Comparative-historical – a comparison of this phenomenon with others. For example, a comparison of the features of the Renaissance in different European countries in the history of the world. In this method, the use of reflection will be highly accurate. One of the best ways to do this is to write an essay. In addition to writing essays-reflections on actual events, modeling history is also an essential component of analyzing history. You can use fantastic works and try to write a 1984 essay to do this. To reflect real events and understand whether there are preconditions in the real world that can lead to the events described by Orwell in his book.
- Statistical – a collection of specific numerical data for analysis. History is an exact science, so the following information is needed: how many victims were taken by this or that uprising, clash, war.
- Historical and typological – the distribution of events and phenomena based on commonality. For example, the industrial revolution features in recent history in different countries.
And what will interest the average person? All.
Firstly, historical knowledge will allow us to know its destiny in the world, which nation it will be able to serve, and in general, “what kind we are and for whom we are paving the way.” Yes, the people have deep roots dating back to ancient times.
Secondly, in history, one can find many strong-willed individuals – people who gave everything they had for the public good. For example, history cannot be imagined without the participation of patrons.
Thirdly, the mistakes made by humankind are engraved on the tablets of memory. As history unfolds cyclically, it is likely that the same problems will be repeated. So we have to solve them better than our predecessors. Yes, revolutions were attempts to establish independent states.
Fourthly, history preserves unresolved issues between nations. And these issues will hang over the countries with the sword of Damocles until they are resolved. The existence of the tragedy should not be denied – but it should not be assumed that it happened because of the extreme bloodthirstiness of the UPA. Even the name of this event – a tragedy for both peoples or a common difference – clearly shows the difference in historical vision. So do not wait for the situation to improve until the elites of both countries agree on this issue.
So history has something to teach humanity. As a modern educator, it has many vivid examples to diversify its lessons. It is difficult not to get carried away with the teaching style, such as necessary knowledge from the outside. Another thing is that the student was indifferent and ungrateful. The teacher knows how to punish them for disobedience – to condemn them for mistakes. They will have to correct themselves. This is strict but fair.