If you’re looking to bring your sea moss benefits to another level, you’ve come to the right place. There are numerous ways to enjoy your sea moss that also bring joy, not only nutrients.
We’re going to learn the most popular yet efficient ways to enjoy sea moss, as well as how to cook raw sea moss at home, and where to buy the best ready Irish sea moss gel solution.
Key Nutrients of Sea Moss
Sea moss boasts a handful of vitamins and minerals crucial for our bodies. This property of sea moss makes it a real salvation for vegans who frequently struggle to incorporate enough nutrients into their rations, excluding animal proteins.
The approximate amount of all nutrients in sea moss varies from 92 to 102 depending on the type of Red Algae. Here are some of the key minerals to give you a slight idea of how powerful this sea vegetable is:
- Calcium. Vital for your strong bones and teeth.
- Magnesium. Essential for many biochemical reactions in the body, including nerve and muscle function.
- Potassium. Crucial for your stronger heart, also plays a key role in skeletal and smooth muscle flexing.
- Iodine. Products thyroid hormones, therefore keeps your metabolism fast and proper.
- Zinc. Important for immune function and DNA synthesis.
- Selenium. A powerful antioxidant that protects your body from damaging free radicals.
- Iron. Products hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues.
- Phosphorus. Plays a huge role in the formation of bones and teeth, while also responsible for the energy storing and spending in your body.
- Copper. Irreplaceable for connective tissues, the nervous and the immune system.
Why Eat Sea Moss?
Even if you’re not vegan, sea moss can do a lot for your health and overall well-being. Being known as an incredibly abundant storage of nutrients, it can affect nearly all aspects of your life: from the quality of your sleep to your mental health. That being said, check out some benefits Irish sea moss can bring to your life:
- Faster metabolism. Impacting your thyroid, sea moss improves your metabolism, helping you maintain a healthy weight from the inside. It also makes you feel less hungry, keeping you from binge eating.
- Resistant immunity. Sea moss contains bioactive compounds that rank up your immunity system. Antioxidants in sea moss make you well resistant to pathogens and viruses.
- Blood sugar regulation. Sea moss regulates blood sugar preventing heart diseases and diabetes.
- Proper digestion. Sea moss creates a healthy microbiome, making your guts a conducive environment for bacteria that replenishes prebiotics.
- Clean skin. Sea moss boosts the production of collagen, making your skin softer, and hydrated, and fighting off imperfections.
- The agility of your brain. Irish moss may rid you of depression, and brain fog, and often tire by providing enough Omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, and Iron to your organism.
Sea moss vitamins can also vastly relieve medical conditions and inflammation, boost regeneration, and help rehabilitate after workouts or severe ailments.
Top Ways To Consume Sea Moss Gel
Now, how to use sea moss to take much from it? While people with active lifestyles usually opt for sea moss capsules or gums, many enthusiasts prefer sea moss gel for its flexibility of use and opportunities for experimentation.
Here are some ways of using sea moss that will fascinate you.
Enjoy It As It Is
A spoonful of sea moss gel will nourish your body with a powerhouse of vitamins and bring you energy for the rest of the day.
However, if you’re following a diet, read the content on the sea moss gel you’re going to purchase carefully. Many sea moss manufacturers add sugar to their sea moss products to achieve a more vibrant taste.
Look for brands like TrueSeaMoss that only add farm-grown natural fruits and berries as supplements, without extra sugar that may spoil your weight loss efforts.
Use In The Recipes
Sea moss gels make wonderful salad dressings and are suitable for soups, sandwich spreads, toppings, or even sorbets. The only thing you can’t do with your sea moss is bake it — it is vulnerable to high-degree temperatures.
Try It On Your Face
Sea moss will give your skin an even tone, elasticity, and many other benefits if you take it inside. However, applied topically, sea moss can make your skin softer, while also lightening pigment spots and dark circles under the eyes. You can use sea moss gel as a cleanser, before it, or along with your serums.
Make A Shake
Sea moss gel is a wonderful addition to a protein or a vegan shake. You can mix it with your plant-based or regular milk, adding collagen, proteins, greens, or whatever you’re used to increase its digestibility with the help of sea moss.
Try Making Your Own Gel
Reputable brands like True Sea Moss sell classic and flavored gels with organic dried fruits and without added sugar, perfectly suitable for you if you’re adhering to a diet.
Yet you can cook the gel yourself by rehydrating raw sea moss in water and then blending it into the gel or purchase the ready option. It is possible to add any flavors you want in your mix.
How to use other forms of sea moss?
Again, there are other ways to use sea moss that are popular among sea moss enthusiasts:
- Irish sea moss powder — you can also add it to your shake, or mix it with your beverage or food. Mixing it with spring or distilled water will also allow you to make a mask for your face and hair.
- Irish pills and gummies — easy-to-incorporate sea moss capsules have a remarkable length of shelf life and can be stored for about two years if well-sealed.
- Raw sea moss — cook a gel from it, cook it like pasta, or add it to your rice, salad, soup, or other meals by slicing it. Be aware that raw sea moss has a vibrant salty and savory taste!
Sea moss is a natural way to take the quality of your life to the next level. Being sold with a diverse range of flavors and in multiple forms, anyone can find a sea moss option that suits their lifestyle and preferences. Be sure to research a sea moss brand you’re choosing and consult with your physician before your start your sea moss journey!