The market for hair extensions worldwide is projected to reach a value of over $1.2 billion by the end of 2024, expanding at a 4.5% CAGR over the forecast period.
Many hair companies and salons have realized that adding hair extensions to their product lineup will boost sales in the coming year.
To save you time, we discovered some of the best private-label hair extension manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors in the USA and internationally.
Different Types of Hair Extensions
Hair extensions come in different colors (including balayage), textures, and actual human hair (from a donor) or synthetic (often plastic) variants.
Because the strands are aligned, with all roots and tips facing the same direction when they are harvested, human Remy hair is thought to be the highest quality—and most expensive—type of hair extension currently available. This results in a considerably smoother appearance.
Hair extensions come in three different varieties: temporary (applied and removed every day), semi-permanent (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), and permanent (with regular maintenance appointments). There are numerous kinds of hair extension application techniques; the most well-liked ones are:
- Tape-in hair extensions: These contain a strip of adhesive tape at the root to allow the hair extensions to be put onto each side of a segment of natural hair aligned at the root. Tape in hair extensions are quick to fix and is the most popular type of extensions at salons. These extensions are semi-permanent and will last eight to ten weeks, depending on fresh growth and extension quality.
- Weave/sew-in hair extensions: Hair extensions are sewn onto natural hair (which has already been braided) with a needle and thread. It’s semi-permanent and can last up to four months.
- Pre-bonded/fusion hair extensions: They are fused in small bonds to the clients’ hair near the root using bonding glue and a hot glue gun or a heat clamp. These are semi-permanent, and require monthly maintenance treatments to adjust the extensions to make them look good.
- Micro link hair extensions: Hair extensions are fixed to the client’s hair root using a little plastic bead through which the natural hair is also tugged to maintain it in place. This procedure, like pre-bonded hair extensions, requires maintenance appointments every two to three months.
- Clip-in hair extensions: Ready-to-wear hair chunks that can be clipped in at the root using an open/close clip. These are temporary, easy to insert and remove, and will be taken off at the end of the day. Clip-in wefts are the least invasive type of hair extension and do not harm natural hair.
- Halo hair extensions:Halo hair extensions can fit on the head like a crown. The miraculous wire is placed about an inch to three inches below your hairline, and the rear of the hair extensions is positioned just below or on top of the occipital bone. The ideal fit will be snug and comfortable, preventing the extension from moving. The weight of your hair sitting on top of the halo extension will hold it secure and in place when you gently pull your hair out and over to cover the entire extension, including the miracle wire. You will be able to shake your head without losing your extensions.
- Wigs/hairpieces: Wigs come in every style, shape, length, texture, and color imaginable, and are worn on the head for full coverage. Hairpieces, like clip-in wefts, can be clipped in and come in a variety of designs for one specific portion of the head, such as bangs, ponytails, or buns.
Top Hair Extensions Companies in the World
Perfect Locks LLC is a high-quality virgin (non-chemically treated) Indian hair extension wholesaler. It has a distribution center in California and has been in the hair extension industry for ten years.
New Times Hair is a Chinese wholesale human hair wig and hair extension supplier that offers hair extensions and wigs for retail, resale, and professional use. They have a vast product range, including tape-in, weft, fusion, micro link, halo, clip-in, bulk raw hair, human hair wigs, lace wigs, hair systems, medical wigs, human hair toppers, and so on. They can help you launch your own brand, and provide wholesale prices, dropshipping, packaging services, and labels for hair businesses.
Private Label Extensions is one of the leading lash and hair extension suppliers in the United States, offering a wide range of wigs, weaves, and hair extensions for private labeling.
Dropship Bundles and Dropship Extensions are two Georgia-based firms founded by the same person. For all hair extensions, they provide distinctive private label packaging, such as bundle tags, silk hair extension packing bags, edge control labels, silk hair bonnets, and hair oil labels, and will dropship them for you.
JC Hair Factory offers virgin Brazilian, Peruvian, Indian, and Malaysian human hair extensions in a variety of hair waves like straight, wavy, or curly, and countless colors, including balayage, for private labeling.
Barclay Wolf Hair Extensions is a Chinese hair extension factory that produces private-label hair extensions in over 80 colors, allowing clients to create their own collections.
Dynasty Goodness, a family-owned company, is the largest online wholesaler of virgin hair extensions. They have a shipping center in Florida as well as a factory in Thailand. They provide one of the most dependable, friendly, and quick customer service. This company provides a variety of hair extensions, including clip-in extensions, closures, frontals, and virgin Remy human hair. These high-quality items can be purchased in bulk at low prices.
DianaHair sells clip-in extensions, closures and frontals, and virgin Remy human hair. These high-quality goods are inexpensive when purchased in quantity. Their products are of high quality, and they provide prompt service. Their company has a solid reputation in China and elsewhere. They’ve developed strong, stable, and friendly relationships with customers all over the world.
Adorable hair is one of India’s leading wholesale suppliers and dealers of human hair. They sell raw unprocessed Indian virgin hair as well as Brazilian hair. Because of their many years of experience in hair production, they are one of the most reputable suppliers and distributors of hair globally. They work closely with small hair salons and businesses all over the world to supply them with high-quality hair for extensions. All of their wholesale products are created using Remy and Virgin hair. This ensures quality.
Summary of the Best Hair Extensions Suppliers
In the section above, we listed some of the best hair extension suppliers that are best rated in the industry. We hope the information we’ve provided will be useful to you as you look for suppliers. There are numerous distributors of hair extensions available. You must choose which wholesale site you want to use to order your goods from the list that has been provided.